Friday, October 29, 2010

Bon Appetit Mag's Cover Sandwich at Joan's on 3rd...


is really insane. Ultimate deliciousness.

My sister and I went to Joan's on 3rd (www.Joansonthird.com) for our standby Chinese Chicken Salad but saw the large sign for the Grilled Cheese and Short Rib Sandwich while standing in line...and come on, we've been holding out long enough, how could we resist?!

The sourdough bread was perfectly buttery and grilled crisp, the short rib was super tender, juicy and full of flavor, the cheese was precise (never thought I'd use that word to describe cheese but I don't like too much or too little in a grilled cheese!) and the caramelized onions, well you can't go wrong there.


The line wasn't very long and the place actually wasn't overly crowded like it usually is during lunchtime so I got back in line for some caramel and chocolate caramel covered marshmallows (plain caramel is way better) and a pumpkin cupcake to go. (The orange sugar on top of the pumpkin cupcake was unnecessary so next time I'll get my fav, coconut)

Scheduling a serious workout was in order. I immediately made us a reservation for the evening GST workout class.
Note to self: When in doubt, trust the large Bon Appetit poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment