Friday, November 5, 2010

Coco-Luxe: San Francisco's Artisan Confection Boutique

My recent trip to San Francisco had me targeting the much raved about Coco-Luxe Confections for some artisan chocolate and salted caramels. I fought the Pre-Giants World Series game 3 traffic and eventually arrived at the Haight Ashbury boutique to find an even more difficult challenge....what to choose.
I ended up with quite a selection of retro design chocolates, salted caramels, salted chocolate covered graham crackers and a whimsical "Good Fortune" chocolate bar. Yes it is apparent that Coco-Luxe's founder Stephanie Marcon is fabulously talented(get the Peanut Butter truffle and the Mexican Chocolate truffle) however her Praline Caramels(local cream, rich milk chocolate, Alaea Hawaiian salt) and Shoo Fly Pie Caramels(blackstrap molasses, dark chocolate and Salish Smoked salt) are simply glorious.
Creative, decadent and addicting, my only regret is that I didn't buy more.
Note: Not only are they available online but their Palo Alto boutique just opened!

1 comment:

  1. I visited Coco-luxe on my trip to San Francisco. Very cute place, amazingly rich hot chocolate. I couldn't help nut buying a few chocolate items for the friends I was visiting. Now Coco-luxe has landed on Savorique.com (and gets free ground shipping). Great find!

    ReplyDelete